Prince Georges County (insert pic)
- The Prince George’s County location currently house five veterans. Residents at Kirstin’s Haven have a supportive case management team that assists with everyday struggles and provides them access to resources that enable them to overcome challenges. Referrals to partner agencies assist residents in meeting mental, emotional, and physical needs.
- One full-time and two part time staff, including a licensed social worker and a registered nurse, along with over a dozen community volunteers ensure that the veterans at Kirstin’s Haven obtain the services they need to rebuild their lives. Services available include: substance abuse services, mental health counseling, (individual and group) medication management, vocational training, financial management, vocational and communication skills development, transportation, personal development, community involvement, life skills, parenting skills development, case management and referrals.
- Baltimore (insert pic)
- Our Baltimore house was donated by Wells Fargo Stabilization Program.
- With the help of Home Depot Foundation and The Home Depot Parkville#2577 store, the Baltimore location is being rehabbed to house at least 7 individual veterans or veterans with families.
- As Kirstin’s Haven Inc. expands to Baltimore, Maryland we plan to work closely with Veterans in the Maryland Center for Veterans Employment and Training (MCVET) who are in transitional housing, in efforts to provide them with long term or permanent housing supports with case management. These supports will include a collaborative relationship with Veteran Peer Pilot Program through Maryland’s Commitment to Veterans, BHA, DHMH to provide long term solutions to veterans facing homelessness and a need for long term housing and case management. Our target date for completion of this project will be November 2016.