Thanks for your interest in supporting Kirstin’s Haven, Inc! We strive to provide the highest quality experiences for our clients. If you have an interest in volunteering, becoming an intern or staff member, please apply below.
Internships & Volunteer Opportunities
To submit your request please either:
- Complete the online form below, or
- Email a detailed description of your interest and resume to email@example.com.
Program Director: Kirstin’s Haven, Inc. Prince George’s County, MD
The Program Director is responsible for the day-to-day management and administration for program staff who provide accessible, gender and culturally-appropriate services for veterans and their families, people in recovery and /or homeless individuals identified by the program, with a specialization in homelessness prevention, rapid rehousing and transitional support services.
Develop and monitor the appropriate use of key linkages for veterans and their families that overcome barriers to access and address intake, assessment, service planning, service delivery and goal achievement for attainment or maintenance of permanent housing. Provide leadership for the team, especially training, supervision, problem-solving for difficult cases and case review.
He/She will be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, federal and corporate sources. This includes compiling, writing and editing grant applications, as well as developing templates to streamline the grant proposal process.
Ability to effectively collaborate and facilitate change, interfacing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects over multiple states.
- High level of oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, facilitation skills.
- Ability to think innovatively, strategically, and analytically.
- Solid problem solving skills and strong understanding of the organization’s business drivers.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations to external parties all levels of the organization, including senior leaders
Master’s Degree in Counseling, psychology, social work, or related human service field. Five years of supervisory experience required.
Clinical licensure is preferred. Previous experience with non-profit fundraising required. Experience working with veterans, people in recovery and/or homeless individuals preferred.
Operational experience in organizations working with Veteran Housing, Behavioral Health, Community Corrections, and Substance Abuse Services.